Sunday, July 30, 2006

Now something about speed

Speed.. As I have said, this is something which thrills me. I adore fast racing, an hardcore fan of Formula 1. For that matter, I like any kind of racing either on 2 wheels, 4 wheels, machine powered, man powered.. anything, but still F1 is the best. As they racing purists say, it is the "Pinnacle of Motor Sport". But I guess the Americans would beg to differ, coz they would say NASCAR is the best.
Anyways, today was the German Grand Prix, and my favourite Michael Schumacher.. drove to victory in a flawless race. I am amazecd at this guy.. he is 37, and he manages to have the same kind of motivation as a new kid on the block. It is so evident from his face when he comes to the podium after winning a race. He does his traditional victory leap, which I guess has become is trademark. I mean this guy has been racing for 15 years now, and has nearly 89 wins to his reportiere, but still is so focussed. People wrote him off after the dismal performance in 2005, and also at the beginning of 2006, but now he is back with a vengence. I really like his spirit.
I feel that this is something which all of us need to emulate, the "Never Give Up" attitude. Talking of this attitude, I had come across a cartoon once hanging in somebody's office. The cartoon depicted a frog or some such animal being swallowed by a stork. The frog is halfway in the stork's mouth, but the frog is strangling the stork's neck. The cartoon, though amusing, speaks volumes on this attitude.
Coming back to F1, a F1 car is believed to accelarate from 0 - 200kmph in 7 secs. That is awesome !!! Wish I could be in one :) !! Putting that in perspective, most of our road cars can hardly touch 200Kmph, let alone accelerating to it, and even to accelerate to 100 Kmph, it would take more than 10 secs.
Okay more about racing later. I can keep writing about it :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home